How to Comment
Our blogs are learning blogs, not social blogs, therefore our comments will be “academic comments”.
ACADEMIC COMMENTING- WHAT TO DO
- Acknowledge the author of the blog post when applicable (start with Dear….. and finish with Regards or From)
- Make sure you have checked spelling, grammar and re-read your post to make sure it makes sense.
- One word comments are not acceptable. Writing just “cool” or “nice” are not very helpful and don’t let the author of the blog post really know what you are thinking. Give reasons for your opinions.
- Always make sure you follow “netiquette”. Think if it is appropriate BEFORE you hit the submit button.
- Always be polite . It does not matter if you agree or disagree with what you are reading in a blog. Don’t write anything you would be ashamed of saying to someone’s face. Don’t hurt somebody’s feelings.
A good comment should:
- Be related or connected to the content of the post (keep on the topic!).
- Continuing a conversation started in the post or in other comments.
- Agree or challenges someone’s point of view AND give reasons.
- Add something to the author’s post in form of a :
- new perspective
SOCIAL SLANG NOT TO BE USED ON OUR BLOG:
U - you
R - are
UR - you’re
C - see
PLZ - please
‘Haha’ should not be used
!!!!! - Exclamation marks should not be used in excess
YEH - Yes
NAH - No
This is a formal site, therefore, formal language must be used when commenting.